Do you own a messenger bag? Have you ever owned one? If you are a guy, probably yes. Chances are, it is your trusty black satchel that goes to work with you every day.
An excellent accessory for men living in urban settings is messenger bags. They are portable and practical and can hold important items one might need throughout your day.
You probably already have your everyday essentials: your smartphone, wallet and laptop. Beyond that, what other items do you need to carry in case you get stuck in traffic or are confronted with an emergency?
An often-overlooked aspect of technology is being prepared to use it while commuting to and from the office. Here are some valuable additions to your bag that will help:
- A laptop charger and your cellphone charger. This is obvious, but some people don't think about it until their battery is about to die.
- In case your laptop is not working, a micro-USB cable for your phone.
- A portable battery pack for your phone—you'll be grateful when you have enough juice to check an important message.
- Headphones you can use to drown out the noise or listen to podcasts or the radio.
- An e-reader if you're an avid reader to use on transport and at the office.
- A flash drive in case you need something too big for email or even a small file transfer while meeting with a colleague or a client during a conference call.
You never know when the next rain will come, so keep an umbrella. Just like the weather, life can be unpredictable. Here is a list of other emergency items that can come in handy:
- Add a small packet of tissues and a stain-removing pen to your bag; it's wise to be prepared for any dirty messes, like spilling your lunch on yourself before an important meeting.
- Just in case, pack breath mints and lip balm to freshen up.
- Bring a LED flashlight in case the power goes out.
- Bring a refillable water bottle; they should save you money in the long run.
- Keep a small energy-boosting snack in your bag in case you need to work during your lunch break. You never know when you'll be stuck on the subway and just want to go home for dinner.
- Don't rely on your phone, tablet, or laptop to do the job for you. A pocket journal can record all the information a flat device can't take down.
- A few extra business cards to your bag as you could meet your next big deal on the train or subway.
An Organised Messenger Bag
As you get ready to step out the door with your messenger bag, you may think it's hard to keep everything organised, but this is quite simple.
Consider how often you use various items and place them in the appropriate areas of your bag; store seldom-used items in hard-to-reach areas.
If you have a messenger bag with a compartment for all your gadgets and personal items, it makes organising your bag much more manageable and prevents you from digging through your bag to find your cable clips.
Find a messenger bag that suits your personal style and lets you carry everything you need while keeping your hands free. A bag that can hold items like cables, headphones, breath mints, business cards and whatever else you might need to have at your disposal throughout the day makes a busy world more manageable.
Check out a wide variety of style and design that suits any lifestyle of messenger bags for men and women at Troop London. We offer the best messenger bags in London with top quality that will last. Shop a messenger bag today!