Think about the last time you tried to pack a suitcase. Did you end up packing everything in sight? Did you shove everything in, hoping it would somehow fit? Did you over-pack and have to wear your “fat pants” on the plane so you could fit everything in? Packing is one of the most frustrating parts of travelling, but with the right luggage, you can save plenty of headaches in your preparation for the trip.
Choosing the right bag for your trip requires some research and consideration. You'll have to think about all of your travel needs, as well as the amount of space you need. A good bag will help you pack efficiently, protect your valuables, and allow for the easy transport of your luggage on a plane, bus, or taxi.
What to Consider before Buying Luggage for Your Trip
When choosing the best luggage for travel, there are several things you should consider. These include:
Factor #1: Luggage Mobility
Luggage mobility is the first thing you should think about when selecting your new luggage. Do you need a bag that will fit in tight spaces? Is it easier to roll your luggage, or is it more comfortable when you carry it? Here are the different types of mobility options to consider:
- Four Wheels - Bags with four wheels can be a good option if you're looking for a bag that's easy to roll. This is especially true for heavier bags. These types of bags can include full-sized suitcases, duffels, and more.
A lot of these bags also have handle straps. With a four-wheel bag, you can roll your bag behind you or use the stability of the wheels to balance a bag that's too heavy to carry.
- Two Wheels - Two-wheel suitcases are lighter and more compact than four-wheel bags. Even though they're lighter, they're still extremely durable, and they can hold plenty of weight. Many of these bags are easy to manoeuvre, and they can be helpful when you're trying to fit your bag into another vehicle.
- No Wheels - If you're specifically looking for lighter luggage that's easy to carry, you can choose a case with no wheels or a bag that has a detachable handle.
This is true if you're only carrying your bag a short distance. Some of these options include backpacks, travel duffels, and more. They're a little bulkier than a bag with wheels, but they're lighter and easier to carry.
Factor #2: Luggage Measurements
Measurements are one of the most important things to consider when choosing luggage. The size of the bag will directly affect how much you can bring on the trip, so be sure to take the following into account:
- 18″-22” Suitcases - These bags are a great choice for short trips, or for those who generally travel light.
- 24″-27” Suitcases - If you need a bigger bag, a 24”-27” suitcase is a good choice. This size will allow you to fit plenty of clothing and other items into one bag. I
- 28″-30” Suitcases - If you're looking for a bag that will hold a lot, but that's still easy to carry, a 28″-30” suitcase is the way to go. These bags will generally fit more than one person's clothing, and they have plenty of space for toiletries, shoes, and other items.
The Bottom Line: Essential Factors to Look Into When Shopping for the Best Luggage for Your Travels
Overall, there are a lot of things to think about when shopping for luggage. However, these two factors can help you choose the right bag for your needs. By thinking about your measurements, mobility, comfort level, and the amount of space you need, you can easily shop for a bag that will be the right fit for you.
Why Shop at Troop London?
If you're looking for luggage bags that will be your travel buddy for years, you've come to the right place. Our store carries the finest bags from London—from the best carry-on luggage, laptop backpack, messenger bag, cross body bags, laptop messenger bags, backpacks, rucksacks, travel bags, and suitcases.
The best part? We offer free worldwide delivery, so explore our store today and see if you can find a travel buddy that can always have your back, no matter where you go.