Why the Shoulder and Satchel Bag Make Good Alternatives to Totes
If you’re not sure about the tote bag, there are a couple of alternatives that might interest you. Shoulder bags and satchels are two of the most popular options, and it’s time for you to explore these options. But how do these two alternatives stack up against a tote bag? We’re here to find out.
What Is a Satchel Bag?
Satchels are bags with handles either carried by one hand or both. Usually, the handles are short, but it’s not uncommon for some of them to be long. The main difference between satchels and satchels is that the first is carried on one shoulder while two handles have the latter on the shoulders.
What Is a Shoulder Bag?
While it might seem like the shoulder bag is a satchel with a strap, it’s not. A shoulder bag has handles that only have one strap for carrying and is positioned on the shoulder.
Satchel Bag vs Tote Bag
- Roomy - Totes are very roomy. They can accommodate everything you need to carry.
- Versatile - You can carry them on one shoulder or both. Some of them can also be a backpack.
- Durable - While tote bags are often made of artificial materials, they can be long-lasting.
- They’re Common - It’s pretty common to see tote bags. This means that you might have been seeing them a lot.
- May Not Be Lightweight - Tote bags can be heavier.
Satchel Bag vs Tote Bag
- Lightweight - Satchels are pretty lightweight.
- Good for Creative People - They can be a better alternative for creative people because they’re simple in design compared to tote bags.
- Less Roomy - While satchels are small, they aren’t as roomy as tote bags. This means they can’t accommodate all the things you need to carry.
- Not as Versatile - Satchels can only be carried on one shoulder or with two handles, unlike tote bags that can be carried on one shoulder or two.
Why Use a Shoulder and Satchel Bag
There are times when tote bags are not the best option. For example, if you’re a creative person who loves to carry pretty things, the satchel might be a better fit for you. While tote bags are standard and can be used by anyone, satchels are different. You might need a bag that a creative person can use. If you’re looking for a bag to use during trips, a tote bag might also not be a good option. If you’re an individual who’s looking for a bag that can be used during trips, a tote bag might not be a good option.
Satchels and shoulder bags are a much lighter alternative to tote bags. This means that they are great options for individuals who are always on the go. Whether you’re looking for something lightweight or a bag that can be used by people who are creative and love to carry pretty things, the satchel is a great option. Shoulder bags are also convenient for bringing numerous stuff without being too heavy.
Troop London creates the world’s finest canvas bags, cross body bags, canvas laptop messenger bags, backpacks, rucksacks, travel bags, and suitcase luggage. If you’re looking for canvas messenger bags in the UK, we’ve got you covered! Browse our collection now!